First day of Eid Al-Fitr 2019 Celebration in Reading, PA
The Islamic Center of Reading, PA (ICORPA) has announced that Eid Al-Fitr 2019 will be, Insha-Allah, on Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 (this is a tentative date for the actual date is contingent on the sighting of the new moon of Shawal) – Unless the new date of June 5th, 2019 is announced by the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA). – Stay tuned for any update!
The Islamic Center of Reading, PA would also like to share the following information about Eid Al-Fitr 2019 celebration:
- Eid Al-Fitr 2019 in Reading, PA will be celebrated at the First Energy Stadium located on 1900 Center Avenue, Reading, PA 19601
- Takbeer will start at 8:00 AM, Insha-Allah
- Eid Prayer will start at 9:00 AM Sharp – Insha-Allah
- There will be Breakfast right after the Eid Al-Firt Prayer which will consist of:
- Pizza, Snow Cones
Plus, there will be Family Fun Games and more, Insha-Allah
Please note the following important notes (Do’s and DON’Ts) or Ethiquettes of Celebrating Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Ad’ha.
The Night Before (Preceding) Eid Al-Fitr
It was the practice of the Prophet Muhammed (SAAWS) that he would not sleep on the night preceding Eid Al-Fitr. It is desirable to perform Nafl Prayers before Eid Al-Fitr.
It is reported that the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) have said:
“Whoever stands up (in worship) on the nights preceding the two eids expecting rewards from his Lord, his heart will not die when the other hearts will die. (Ibn Majah)”
- Make a lot of Istighfar that day to ask Allah (SWT) for forgiveness and pray that Allah accept our Good Deeds
- Before going to Eid Prayer:
- Wake up early if you have slept
- Take a shower and clean your teeth with a brush, but preferably with a Miswak
- To put on brand new clothes or the best available clothes you have
- To wear Perfume – Or Mesk (Musk)
- To eat sweet food – Preferably some dates
- Remember to recite Takbeer Prayers (expressing our gratitude to Allah) for it is a Sunnah
- It is a Sunnah to pay the Sadaqat Al-Fitr before the Eid Prayer is performed
On the day of Eid
Please note that Eid Prayer is obligatory (Wajib) on every MALE Muslim – For Women, it is not obligatory
- It is recommended that you take different routes going and coming back from Eid Prayer
- Eid Prayer doesn’t have an Adhan (Athan – Call To Prayer) nor an Iqamah
- The Eid Prayer can be performed anytime between Sunrise and when the sun reaches the Zenith (before Dhur Prayer). However, it is recommended that you follow the time set by your community or your Islamic Center.
- It is recommended that the Eid Prayer is performed at an open field. If for any reason it is difficult to perform Eid Prayer at an open field (due to rain for example), then Eid Prayer can be performed in a Mesjid
- It is not recommended to perform Eid Prayer in every Masjid for it is preferable that the people get together or unite and perform Eid Prayer on an open field (when possible). If not, a big Masjid is also acceptable. Remember, Unity is what makes us strong.
- No Nafl or Sunnah prayer is to be performed at the filed or at home before Eid Prayer. You can perform Nafl prayers once you get back home from Eid Prayer
Good Reads about Eid Al-Fitr
If there is anything you would like to add to this Eid Al-Fitr page, you are welcome to do so by contacting me.
Thank you and…
As-Salamou Alaikoum and may Allah (SWT) accept your fasting and bless you with the heavens worth of good deeds, and to your family.